Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crunch Time



I wish I had a time turner. Not because I want to go back in time and change something, but because I want to go back in time and get all of my work done and still make it to all my classes and work and meetings and convocations and maybe have time to relax and watch an episode of Dexter every night. Or maybe so I could sit in on those classes that sound interesting but I don’t have time for. Or read one of the 20 books I have sitting on my shelf that I keep meaning to get to. That’d be so nice.

As a self-proclaimed Harry Potter nerd, I know Hermione would be proud of me for wanting to use a time turner to go back and do school work and take extra classes. I mean I’m pretty proud of myself. I never would have thought I was capable of saying I want to get all of my work done because I like my classes so much.

Unfortunately for me, being in all upper-level classes now means professors give a lot more homework than I can handle. And having four of those upper-level classes means my homework piles up for days. Not to mention studying for the tests that they decide need to be given in the crunch time right before spring break. Ahh, spring break. That sounds nice. It sounds like a time to sleep in and catch up on any reading I don’t have done yet. But somehow, that never happens does it. Why is that? (If anyone has a magic formula to not be lazy and do absolutely nothing on breaks, please let me know!)

I guess that after 14.5 or so years of being in school, I should know that teachers and professors rush to squeeze things in before a week off. Apparently I haven’t learned my lesson yet. Man, now that I’m thinking about the time turner and Hermione, I really want to watch Harry Potter. Because I definitely don’t have time to read it!


No comments :

Post a Comment